Taking Precautions Against Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
A note on static electricity
The components inside your system are extremely sensitive to static electricity, also known as electrostatic discharge (ESD). Static electricity can cause irreparable damage to your system; however, if you follow these preventions and precautions, you should prevent such damage.
Static Electricity Preventions
- Wear a grounding wrist strap (available at most electronic stores).
- Turn off the system power.
- Touch the back of the power supply fan, located on the back of the case.
- Unplug all cords from the wall outlet.
- Remove the case cover.
Static Electricity Precautions
- If you're replacing or adding parts, Remove the parts from their antistatic bags only when you are ready to use them. Do not lay parts on the outside of antistatic bags since only the inside provides antistatic protection.
- Avoid static-causing surfaces, such as plastic and styrofoam in your work area.
- Always hold cards by their edges and their metal mounting bracket. Avoid touching components on the cards and the edge connectors that connect to expansion slots.
- Never slide cards or other parts over any surface.
If our documentation hasn't helped you,e-mail to Technical Support.
this might be a good time to send